CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

The Big 0-3!

Three years ago, I was sitting in Dr. Bervine's office bawling my eyes out, after receiving the news that Baby Caleb would be arriving nearly a month early. The tears were a result of a combination of fear for Caleb's and my health, my out-of-control hormones, the realization that motherhood, at this point, really was inevitable, and a general feeling of lack of preparedness. Not to mention I was going to miss my own baby shower! I remember saying over and over again, "I'm not ready. I'm not ready." But, ready or not, here he came! After losing a heartbeat and scaring the begeezes out of me and Isaac, there he was. I got to see him for only a moment before they whisked him away, but, in that moment, our eyes connected and I fell in love more deeply than I ever thought imaginable. Three years ago, I could never have envisioned that this tiny, 5 lb. baby, that still slightly resembled a fetus, would grow into such a loving, smart and adorable little boy. Isaac and I are truly blessed.



Caleb had his birthday party at Edventure this year. He had a blast! We were so fortunate to have so many friends and family members there to share in his special day. Caleb insisted on a Toy Story cake (after I had planned for a Thomas cake for months!). I think it turned out OK, considering it was my first attempt with fondant and gum paste. Caleb liked it, and that's what counts! Here are some pictures from the party:

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the pictures. I think they all had a great time.

Anonymous said...

SE said...
Hey Allison! This is Sarah Ellen, Heather and Jason's friend from Anderson. I was just clicking around on Heather's blog and clicked on your name in the comment box (because it was blue and I had to find out why!). I have been sitting hear reading your blog and looking at all of the fabulous pictures. Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I have enjoyed your blog and will make it a regular place to visit for me on the web!

Alison said...

SE- Yay! The more the merrier! :)