CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman

I just saw on CNN that Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest daughter, Maria, was hit by an SUV and killed in the family's driveway. Apparently, their son was driving the car. I can't begin to imagine what their family is going through right now with the loss of their daughter and the heartbreak/guilt that her brother must be feeling too. It's just so tragic. Though I've never been a huge fan of SCC's music (just not my taste), I have always respected Chapman as an artist and, ultimately, as a Christian. He has contributed so much, not only through his music, but also in his efforts to help orphans in China through Shaohannah's Hope. I've always seen him as a genuinely kind and compassionate man.

A couple of months ago, Steven posted a video of his girls singing on his blog. Maria chose to sing Hannah Montana's "Best of Both Worlds," so, of course, Caleb and I ended up watching it several times. She was so precious and really seemed to have a sweet spirit about her. I know their loss is great.

Please keep this family, who has given so much to so many, in your prayers.

1 comments:

April Emery said...

oh my gosh ... how devastating to lose one of your children ... and her poor brother ... gosh. i am sure grief is consuming them at this point. yes, praying for this family as they walk through this hard time is DEFINITELY what we need to do.