CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Alison A.K.A The White Rabbit

"I'm late. I'm late for a very important date..."

If you have ever ridden with me somewhere, invited me to an event, hung out with me, or just known me for longer than a few months, you know that I am always late. It's something that has driven my family mad for years and continues to bug Isaac to no end.

If you know Isaac, you know that he is very punctual. He's the guy that arrives 15 minutes early for work "just in case." I am the person who aims to be somewhere early and is lucky to be there before the event ends. I am just chronically late.  I know it's awful, and I absolutely hate it.

I know that my tardiness partially stems from procrastination, but I think the main problem is that I truly have no concept of time.  I seriously cannot tell you if 10 minutes or 30 minutes has passed, and, unlike Isaac, I CANNOT judge the time, to the minute, based on what it looks like outside (Freak!). Time is just a foreign notion to my brain, no matter how hard I try to drill it in.

I am starting to take things more seriously, as Caleb gets older. I'm so scared of being the mom whose child is constantly late for school or is the last to be picked up, but, if I don't get this under control, it looks like a real possibility.

Taking the first step:

Today, I purchased a watch.
Photobucket
Ordinarily, I don't wear a watch. In fact, until today, I didn't even own one. Besides feeling like they get in my way when I wear them, I usually end up breaking or misplacing them.
But, this time I'm going to force myself to wear it no matter how much it annoys me, and I'm going to develop a concept of time. I'm determined!

So, with my new watch in tote, I hope to begin a new journey on the road to being on time or, at the very least, being able to tell just how late I am. :)

3 comments:

April Emery said...

so does that mean i call you whitey now? ha ha. i believe isaac and i are so punctual because our mother was this way ... it has been handed down to us. patrick is the late one in our family ... his family is late for everything so that was handed down to him. oh the joys of being opposite. :) i actually left patrick behind on purpose one day when we were first married because i was tired of being late for things. he drove himself and met me.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Ellen said...
I think that is a very bold step and I commend you for it! My mother is chronically late, but it is almost always because she is doing something kind for someone else, which is I'm sure why you are late! :)

The Burleys said...

HA HA HA!!!! I LOVE the new heading on the blog! Too funny!