CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas Day

Isaac and all were all smiles while filling the stockings and setting out Caleb's gifts. I was SO excited. In fact, I was so anxious for Christmas morning to come that I didn't sleep all night! This was the second Christmas that Caleb was cribless. Last year, I was SO afraid that I'd miss the initial "gift reaction" that I made Isaac camp out in the living room with me on Christmas Eve. :) Our Christmas Eve camp out has now worked out, successfully, 2 years in a row. This may become a annual tradition for us.

Christmas morning is the one morning of the year when I pray Caleb WON'T sleep in. Alas, the boy who is usually up between 6:30 and 7 AM was still in bed at 7:15. I seriously couldn't wait anymore, so we put A Charlie Brown Christmas in and cranked up the volume. It worked like a charm. :) Caleb was so excited when he saw his new pirate ship that he turned around and covered his face in disbelief. It was really cute. I wish I could get the video clip of it on here, but you'll have to settle for the still shot. After opening all of the gifts, we made Christmas cookies. I've decided to make cookie baking a Christmas Day event for several reasons: 1- We are ALL home! 2- It keeps them from all being eaten before Christmas. 3- It's just more fun when you're already in Christmas mode. After cookies, we broke out all of the toys and played and played some more. What a fun Christmas!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Ok too funny, Brady wore the exact PJs on Christmas!

The Burleys said...

Looks like y'all had a great Christmas! I love the picture of Caleb wearing all his tools!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I love the pirate ship reaction...priceless.