CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

Last Tuesday, we had a mini snow day at our house! It wasn't much, but we were at least able to go out and play in it a bit. It was actually Caleb's first time in the snow! Yes, it has been nearly 4 years since it's snowed in NE Columbia! When Caleb first saw the snow, we had this conversation:

Caleb: That's a lot of snow!
(Surveying the yard intently)
Caleb: But where are the carrots?
Mommy: The carrots? What do you mean?
Caleb: The carrots to make the snowman's nose.
Mommy: Oh, you have to buy those at the store. They don't come with the snow.
Caleb: Oh!

I guess he thought special "snowman carrots" just fall from the sky! Ha ha.

The snow really brought out Caleb's silly side!



Jessie did NOT like getting snow in her face.


Eyeing the back door


"I'm trying to catch snowflakes on my tongue like Lucy and Linus."


Our mini snowman!



I caught some snowflakes on black cardstock and was able to get some close up shots. I admit they're a bit blurry, but it was hard to get focused before they melted. I think it's SO amazing how much detail God put into something so small.



4 comments:

The Burleys said...

Oh my gosh! Those are the coolest pictures of the snowflakes. They don't even look real. Love Caleb's hat & scarf by the way.

My word is refillou as in "May I refillou cup?" - HA HA ... had to do it!

Danielle said...

Wow the snowflake pictures are awesome!! You are just too smart to think of that. The carrot story made me laugh. Have a great day!!

Andrew Lewis said...

Caleb is definitely in the running for Coolest Kid Ever. He thinks of so many things I've never considered.

And those snowflake shots definitely are the bee's knees. And I'm still jealous; I had just left Lexington for Greenville, where we/they were supposed to get 1-3"; instead, we got to see a few snowflakes fall and melt soon thereafter. Oh well...

Leo said...

I think your snowflake pictures are the coolest. Also, I saw on TV, which means it may or may not be true, that if you put chilled superglue on the snowflake, you can preserve it. Later days.