CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My baby just wrote me a letter...

A few weeks ago, Caleb and I watched an episode of Sesame Street in which Elmo and Abby wrote letters back and forth to one another. Well, this morning, Caleb told me that he wanted to write a letter for Daddy. I thought that was really sweet, so I got him a pen and some paper. As he started, I was impressed because he remembered that he needed to start with "Dear Daddy". He wrote that, and then we had this conversation:

Mommy: OK, now what would you like to say to Daddy in the letter?
Caleb: I have to write him a letter.
Mommy: I know, so what do you want to say to him? Do you want to say, "hi" or "I love you"or something else?
Caleb: No! I want to write him a letter.
Mommy: You are writing him a letter.
Caleb: But I want to write him a "W'!
Mommy (Now on the same page): Oh! You want to write him an alphabet letter!
Caleb: Yes!

I spent a few minutes trying to explain that there are two types of letters, but quickly gave up on that! So, here's my sweet little guy's finished "letter".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too sweet!

Mom

Danielle said...

That is so funny. It is amazing how their little minds work.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jason said...
That's awesome! I just read that sitting in my new office and laughed out loud! See you guys soon! Love you!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

That is too cute! He is so funny and thoughtful.