CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Overdue Post #2- Potty Training

As most of you know, we have had a long and arduous journey trying to potty train Caleb. It has resulted in many tears being shed (from both sides) and just frustration in general. I have read all the books, watched every DVD, tried every piece of advice given, and, while it is all great, in theory, none of it has worked for us! Since Isaac's sister and family were coming to town for a week, Isaac and I decided to put the "training" on hold. We knew there would be too much going on to attempt it.

The Emery's left on Sunday, so I decided to use Monday to get Caleb back on his regular schedule and then dive back into training on Tuesday. So, first thing Monday morning, I was putting a dry pull-up on Caleb, when, to my surprise, he said he needed to pee pee in the potty! We hurried to the bathroom and he used the potty like he'd been doing it all year! It's been two weeks now and he's only had 3 accidents (2 of which occurred on the way to the potty)! He even used the potty at Target on Saturday!

So, although I get a little weepy-eyed when folding Caleb's big boy underwear, I am VERY excited that he has entered this new phase.

Congratulations to my big boy!!

1 comments:

April Emery said...

WAY TO GO CALEB! We are very proud of you! Using the potty means you are officially a big boy now! Wuhoo!

Crazy how when they make up their minds they want to use the potty how easy it is. I am waiting for that moment with Grace. :)