CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

18 days to go!



Since the presidential campaigns started so early last year, we have several election-related Calebisms. I decided to just group all of them together. So, I present to you...

Calebisms- Presidential Edition






1/5/08
Age 2

While watching the presidential debates today, we discovered that Caleb can now identify ALL of the presidential candidates by face and name!
-------------------------------------------------------

1/20/08
Age 2

Caleb loves to read the campaign signs when we are driving to and from various places. Today, we had this conversation in the car:
Caleb: Did you see that?
Mommy: See what?
Caleb: That (pointing out the window)
Mommy: (No clue what he's talking about) No, honey, I didn't see it.
Caleb: (Sobbing loudly) You missed the Fred Thompson!
---------------------------------------------------------

2/9/08
Age 2

Caleb was naming the presidential candidates. He got to Mitt Romney, and we told him that he had dropped out of the race. Later that night...
Caleb: Mike Huckabee, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney. No, he dropped on my floor.
----------------------------------------------------------

3/21/08
Age 2

Caleb had a dream about Barack Obama last night! After waking up, we had this conversation:
Caleb: Barack Obama told me last night.
Mommy: Told you what?
Caleb: He said, "Vote for president." I asked him to give me some Claritin and he said, "It's only for special days."

Seriously, what is wrong with my child?!?!
-----------------------------------------------------------

11/5/08
Age 3

While tucking Caleb in last night (the night of the election), we explained to Caleb that when he woke up, we'd know who our new president was going to be. This morning:
Caleb: OK, so who's our new president?
Mommy: Barack Obama
Caleb: (obviously shocked) It's not John McCain?!? (He had told us several times that he thought McCain would win)
Mommy: Nope, it's Obama
Caleb: OK
Mommy: And we will have a new vice president too.
Caleb: Biden?
Mommy: (shocked) Yes, Biden!
------------------------------------------------------------
11/10/08
Age 3

We were watching Barack and Michelle Obama meet with George and Laura Bush on a Special Report:
Caleb: Is that the White House?
Mommy: Yes, it sure is.
Caleb: Like the one on my flashcards? (He has presidential flashcards that also include The White House, The Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, etc.)
Mommy: Yep, it's the same one.
Caleb: Wow. That's a BIG house.
Mommy: Yes, it is.
Caleb: I want to live there when I grow up.
Mommy: You have to be the president to live there.
Caleb: Well, I guess I'll have to be president when I grow up.

He's got my vote!
-------------------------------------------------------------
2008
Age 3

During the election season, Caleb went through a phase where he would pull out his stool and microphone and make "campaign speeches" every night. Basically, he would just tell us all of the things he'd done that day and would commend us for the things we had done as well. It was so funny. Here's a picture taken during one of his speeches:

6 comments:

Andrew Lewis said...

Man. Caleb knows more about politics than I do at this point.

"I guess I'll have to be president when I grow up" is great.

And that Obama dream? Priceless. That's the type of stuff you tell his girlfriend 20 years from now.

Danielle said...

Aren't you glad you write all these things down? What a great idea!! Caleb has my vote too!!

The Burleys said...

I love these! I am just smiling the whole time I am reading!

April Emery said...

my personal favorites
3/21/08
11/10/08

that boy ... just love him

April Emery said...

biscuits in isaac's ears explains EVERYTHING.

thanks for making me smile so big

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

the Obama/Claritin dream brought me to tears! Hilarious!